The pest control industry has always played an important role in preserving the health of the general public through the reduction of disease carrying pests, and we are committed to continue to do our part as stewards of public health to help keep your homes and businesses pest free while also taking steps to keep the health and well-being of both our customers and employees at the forefront. To that end, we want to share an update on our efforts to continue to help protect the welfare of you, our clients, and your property as well as that of our valued team members during the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As of now, we will continue to perform most services in accordance with our normal procedures unless otherwise noted herein. Should you have questions or concerns regarding your specific services, don’t hesitate to contact us at 505-294-6601.
When we service your home or business:
- We will reduce unnecessary direct and/or indirect customer contact, including shaking hands.
- While the threat of COVID-19 remains high, we would prefer to concentrate our efforts on the exterior of your home or business to reduce new interior pest infestations and thus observing social distancing best practices.
- Interior service will not be performed at any home or business where occupants are displaying any viral symptoms, are ill, are quarantined, have traveled by cruise ship, or have traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days. We ask that you please be considerate of the health and well-being of both occupants and our team members during this time. We thank you for your understanding.
- Should interior service be requested or deemed necessary, we will utilize applicable personal protective equipment such as gloves, and observe proper social distancing (a minimum of 6 feet between ABC Pest representatives and any occupant of the home or business). Customers will not be required to sign service documentation, and to avoid direct customer contact, copies of service documentation may be left in a predetermined designated area or in door hanger bags, etc.
- We will continue to provide all other exterior services as we normally would.
What ABC Pest is doing:
- Monitoring and incorporating the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) into our current business practices.
- Educating our team members on preventative steps that can be taken to reduce exposure to the virus including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick, who have symptoms, feel ill or have come into contact with anyone who is at high risk
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when sick.
- Covering cough or sneeze, preferably with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Following CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Requiring employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and any other acute symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning of our office and workspaces.
What ABC Pest is asking of you:
- Observing a 14-day period if you have traveled by cruise ship or outside the US before allowing our team members to come inside your home or business.
- Notifying our office if you or any occupant of your home or business has displayed signs or symptoms of acute respiratory illness including fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and/or any other acute symptoms.
- In this scenario, interior services will not be performed.
- Practicing the same preventative steps outlined above to help reduce exposure to the virus and other germs.
As the seriousness of this virus increases, all of our employees have been instructed to follow the CDC’s best practices, including frequent handwashing, limiting proximity to sick individuals, and being aware of symptoms. While this has not been an issue for ABC Pest yet, we will also implement 14-day quarantines for any employees who show symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19. We encourage you to do the same, so please review the most up-to-date information here. We will continue to monitor the current climate and will provide additional updates should the circumstances dictate the necessity. We thank you for your understanding and commitment to the health and well-being of all during this time. Know that we greatly appreciate your business and are committed to continue our role as stewards of not only the health our customers and the protection of their property but also that of the health and well-being of our communities and the public at large. Finally, our hearts go out to all those affected by Coronavirus. Please check back for regular updates from us as we navigate this evolving situation. Thank you for being a part of our ABC Pest Family.